Pages

Friday, May 15, 2020

Colors of Power

I may have more to say about it later, but as of now, I'm not sure this idea is going anywhere.

Part of what got me drawing again recently is the desire to try my hand at a web comic. Believing my skills to be sub-par, and also not wishing to spend several days on a single page, I tried to come up with an art gimmick that would let me create and post pages at a reasonably quick speed.

The idea was to do a simple, black-and-white comic set in a world that was literally, in-universe, a black and white world. However, recently, a strange phenomenon has occurred in this reality, causing some people to manifest superhuman powers. The gimmick is that whenever a superhuman uses their powers, there is an accompanying splash of color to go with it.

I'm still pretty raw on the concept, no real story formed yet, and I'm not entirely settled on how the colors should line up to the powers. I have notes written up, but I don't really want to clutter this post with too much text.

While I don't think this "comic" is going to manifest, especially as I'm already getting more confident in doing full-color work, I still like some of these sketches.









No comments:

Post a Comment