Pages

Friday, May 15, 2020

Snowman and Igloo Wander the Dark Tundra


Two more sketch-original characters, making them up as I drew them. Snowman (the woman in the lead) may be another of those "special named" characters like Deadman in the previous sketch. Igloo (the robot) has some obvious Mega Man vibes, which I will fully cop to. I was originally trying to draw the sun with black rings around it, but the "eclipse" look was a lot better.

I have a tendency to just want to draw characters, and don't have much thought towards backgrounds; this was an attempt do a pic that was as much about the landscape as it was the people within it. Simplistic, perhaps, but this is probably my favorite of my recent sketches so far.

I've struggled a lot with writing, despite having lots of "ideas" for characters and even some scenes. I'm starting to think it may behoove me to start doing more stuff like this, just sketching out images to get the idea on the page, instead of always leaving concepts to just languish in my notes and partially worked on stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment