Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Made Ya Look!

Rae being a little scamp, and Nemo reacting appropriately! :V I was initially going to color this, but it's already late and doing this too long kills my body's joints, so maybe I'll come back to it later and update this post when I do.

Created with Clip Studio Paint. Fresco was fun for a toe-dip into the medium, but it's time to graduate to an animation engine actually built for making full scenes, and not just quick little looping effects. Unfortunately, to animate more than 24 frames in total for CSP requires spending even more money on either a monthly subscription, or a substantive amount for the PC version. The other alternative people have recommended is Krita, which is free, but the UI just is not optimized for use on mobile tablets, which is what I've switched to full time now. I still have the XP-Pen, and it still works great, but it's just not the same, and truth be told, I left Krita behind because I've found other programs to be more compelling. It's still a good program with plenty of neat brushes, so it wouldn't be the worst thing to go back to it, but does feel like I'd be going backwards to a less optimal situation.

There are other options, but all of them are programs I'm unfamiliar with, some of which seem substantially more complicated. It's also been pointed out to me that I've been hopping between programs too much lately, which is something I was already thinking, but I guess needed to have it said outright. I haven't been sticking with programs long enough to really adapt to them, just mostly end up wasting time playing around with the brushes for a bit without committing.

 I guess I got a little caught up in all the options that tablets have opened up for me. For a time, I had fully switched over to CSP as my main, and fortunately, it was also available for iPad and Android tablets. However, CSP got a little annoying with its updates, and has now decided to DRM lock itself so that you need to log in for conformation of ownership at least once a day, which means that if I'm not able to access wi-fi while I'm out and about, CSP forces me into doodle mode, where I can't save my work unless I just screenshot it, or just try to keep the canvas open and hope the program doesn't reset itself again when I put it in sleep mode.

Ergo, I got to looking around for one-time purchase or free alternatives, and before I knew it, I'm now juggling like six or seven different programs. On the one hand, I guess that is what ultimately lead to me trying out animation as I decided on whim to start playing around with the simpler animation features of Procreate, and then Fresco. On the other hand, if I am going to learn the ropes, I do need to just pick something a stick with it, so I'm not constantly working while on my back foot of never getting used to any given program's specific quibbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment