Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

SomethingTober #17 - Hatching Practice 2

 

More hatching attempts. I doubt it's an improvement, but I guess I have a slightly better sense of what I'm supposed to be doing, even if my hand-eye isn't really trained up for it yet.

The image is of Runan, my wandering penguin spirit-swordsman adventurer, who seeks the answers to his worlds ancient riddles. When he finds them, he ends up encountering and being knighted by a Dimension Witch, gaining space-warping and interdimensional travel powers as well. Like many of my wandering heroes, I didn't write nearly as much as I intended to with him, mostly because you read one story of his, and you've basically seen the formula already. But I do have at least one said story to check out here.

Side note, and not to jinx myself, I think the daily habit might be starting to take affect. Despite a long day of work, the impulse to draw hit me as soon as I came home, and I knew I couldn't do anything else until I got my drawing done. I fully expect that when I put the pen down at the end of the month, circumstances shall conspire to end up with me not picking up the pen again for a year, but who knows, maybe by the end of this month, drawing as a daily task will actually set in finally. Or not. We'll just have to see, won't we? I do plan on doing another challenge next month, but I don't know if it's going to be for writing or drawing yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment