Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2023

SomethingTober #15 - Random Doodles

 

Couldn't think of anything specific I wanted to do today, so here's just a sampler of random sketches, using different brush types for CSP. Little but of hatching practice, too. Most of these are on-the-spot doods, though the toony guy on the right is Stretcho from Krazy Komix. The little flag beneath him is the design I use for my banners in Minecraft.

Boy, I'll tell you one thing that sucks, is getting back into art in your middle age, sitting hunched over a tablet for a few hours to do a drawing takes its toll. I felt like crap for a few hours after finishing yesterday's painting, and I was starting to feel the strain of it today. Definitely advise taking breaks to move your body around some if you're doing a long, involved piece.

And screw it, here's an extra one from later today. Went back to the old Wacom Intuos for this one, and boy, it is definitely rough to use. I actually tried using my much larger XP-Pen as a "screenless" tablet, by mirroring the screen on another monitor, and drawing while looking at the secondary monitor. But for as cramped as the Intuos feels, the XP felt too large to draw that way, using the different posture, so I went back to the smaller screenless tablet just because it was easier on my arms. Definitely not going to be switching back.

No comments:

Post a Comment