Pages

Monday, October 23, 2023

SomethingTober #23 - Flamewalker

 

Peter Velaju is the Flamewalker, member of the Velaju Pyromancer Family. Unfortunately, his magic potential is so weak that he is the only one in his family who is unable to generate or control flames. Instead, he has only unlocked the powers of Pyrocommunication (able to see and hear from one open flame to the next) and Pyroportation (teleporting from one open flame to the next). To make up for this deficiency, he has dedicated himself to the study of mystic archeology, occult knowledge, and history, as well as trained in martial arts. He also wields the Staff of the Salamander, a family heirloom that helps focus his latent pyrokinetic potential to create and throw small flames. (Normally it is used to train young pyromancers in focusing their energies to properly project fire until they can do it on their own, but in Peter's case, it acts as a catalyst force his magic to spark a fire.)

Peter is part of what I call my Tournament Adventures Universe, a collection of various worlds and characters that I made for numerous Character Creation Tournaments on some forums. All these characters I just eventually piled into one galaxy-spanning setting that developed a sort of loose canon simply through me expanding on certain character backstories and turning some characters mentioned in said backstories into their own fully profiled entrants. Peter is a great example, as initially he was just by himself, but for one tournament, I decided to create and enter the entire Velaju Family.

Peter was also going to be one of three playable characters in another RPG Maker Game that unfortunately never got past the early build. I think I first created him for a non-Tournament related forum RPG, actually, but that whole thing fell through for me, hence my migrating him to the Tournaments. He's a fun idea for an adventure character, but I've yet to actually find a project to use him in since the Tournies.

No comments:

Post a Comment