Pages

Monday, October 30, 2023

SomethingTober #30 - Bobbi, Miner and Crafter Extraordinaire!

 

Bobbi, Miner and Crafter Extraordinaire! (self-proclaimed) was my Minecraft Avatar I've been using for almost as long as I've been playing Minecraft. In a sudden fit of whimsy, one of my capricious goddess characters decided to bring Bobbi to life in a custom Minecraft World, where she was tasked with a multi-part quest to eventually break free from her digital existence! You can read the beginnings of her adventure in the first three books I made of Digital Dragons, which you can read here on this website!

The comic was another interesting exercise in trying to do literally something to get my creative productivity in gear, but as explained throughout the issues various afterwards, I struggled to keep it going once the muse bailed on me and the creative mania wore off. It was also one of those personal projects that had zero wide appeal, which was fine, but it did mean only a handful of people were going to read it at all, much less have an appreciation for what I was doing in it. For example, maybe three people on the whole planet would actually catch that the chapter page graphic was a reference to the banners I make for my bases in the game.

Anyway, I can't take full credit for things with Digital Dragons, as one could consider it partly a fan-work, given it utilizes Minecraft by Mojang Studio as its basis. In this very image, aside from the blocky environment of the base game, Bobbi is wielding equipment from a couple mods: the Terra Shatterer and Terra Truncator from Botania by Vazkii, and the Arcanist's Hat from Ars Nouveau by baileyholl2. The title graphic I was able to make using a Minecraft Title Generator plugin by Ewan Howell for the website Blockbench. And of course, most importantly, the design of Bobbi herself comes from a custom Minecraft skin, Cute Dragon Hoodie 3 by Mpuglover1011.

No comments:

Post a Comment